Monday, March 14, 2011

Savoring the wait


I am in my cozy sunlit dining room typing this surrounded by piles and piles and piles of many years' worth of recipes, magazine articles that I just had to save for whatever reason (?!!??), photos, ideas for good design, photos that caught my eye, kids' school stuff, a stapler, a fancy three-hole punch, a bunch of random sizes of photo paper, and two bags full of really cute new binders in which to organize the items that live through my brutal elimination process.

So what am I doing? Well I did get the bills paid and took a kid to the orthodontist and straightened up the house, even put away my laundry (usually that sits for a while, folded nicely, but not going anywhere), but am I tackling those piles? Hell no!!! First I have to show you what came in the mail finally from New Zealand!!

I loved this magazine while we were there and bought every issue. Now they deliver it to me in Ohio even though 1. that costs a tiny fortune! 2. the recipes are all in metric 3. many ingredients are unique to that area, and 4. they talk about wineries and restaurants that I'd have to travel 30 hours to get to.



It might just make me cry in the end, but I'm excited and can't wait to read it anyway. I'm waiting for just the right time when I have an hour to sit with a cup of Harney&Sons Paris tea (this also has to do with NZ even if it doesn't sound like it) and quiet.

E kai ra!
K.

2 comments: