Sunday, September 12, 2010

From sea to shining sea, and beyond

I keep thinking about this as I see mentions of 9/11 and I thought that I should share it with you all even though I am a day or so late with it. As we were checking out at a store on Saturday, the guy who was signing us up for their frequent buyer club glanced at his watch to see the date, and remarked to the girl working with him, "Oh, 9/11 today. It's already been, what, 9 years? Unbelievable..."

I was touched that people all the way on the other side of the world, so so far away, would immediately remember and comment on our very personal and unforgettable tragedy in the US. We are enjoying our time here in this amazing place, but I will always love America more than any other place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment