Thursday, September 16, 2010

At least we don't all share one bed

I just hung up the phone with a woman who owns a bed and breakfast in Whakatane. We talked about dates and other things and then I said, "OK, great, thanks a lot!" And she said, "Righty-o!"

Righty-o! She said that, for real. 

Yesterday the optician's office called and asked if Dennis could please stop in to collect his spectacles. "Of course," I said. "Lovely!" they said, and hung up. 

A couple of weeks ago, after I chaperoned a field trip to the Pak 'n Save grocery store, one of the children (a 12 year old boy, no less) wrote a thank you letter that contained such phrases as "The morning was very educational as I learnt many things about dietary fibre." And then, "Once again I wish to show my appreciation of your helping us out on this wonderfully educational trip." One of the girls told me, "I had heaps of fun at the supermarket!"

I feel as though we live in that little village where Charlie bought the chocolate bars from that candy shop on the cobblestone street...

No comments:

Post a Comment