Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Almost there! Slight delay...


Good evening, friends. I am nearly to the end of our time in Auckland, but not quite. There are still a handful of posts to put up to finish it and print it as a book, so I will do that very soon. I have been preoccupied with another project which was inspired by this little blog right here.

During our six months in New Zealand, I learned that I really enjoy the blog format. Sharing photos, writing little stories, inviting people in for a short time to experience something they wouldn't otherwise.

I realized that this is the exact thing I've been looking for to share the stories at the school where I volunteer each week in Cleveland. I've been shooting photos there for two years and it's become apparent that people are very interested in what goes on there. They get a lot of press because what they're doing is different and they are succeeding in ways that other Cleveland schools are not. It's called The Ginn Academy and it's run by a long-time high school football coach, Ted Ginn, Sr., who is revered in the community. It's the only single-gender public high school in Ohio and in a district with dismal graduation rates, the boys here are getting good test scores, graduating, and nearly all go to college.



Last week I launched their blog and website and you can check it out if you'd like at www.TheGinnAcademy.blogspot.com. We're getting heaps of page views and good response. I will post 1 or 2 new stories and photos every Wednesday.


Please check it out if you get a chance.

Cheers, everyone!
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment